Mathway is a great free online math calculator that helps students solve math problems. With a single click, students can access solutions to complex math problems and view step-by-step explanations. This is a great way for students to not only learn the solution but more importantly get to know the process that led to that solution.
Mathway covers a variety of math topics including:
- Basic Math/Pre-Algebra (arithmetic, integers, fractions, decimals, roots, factors, and more…)
- Algebra (linear equations/inequalities, quadratic equations/inequalities, absolute equations/inequalities, systems of equations, logarithms, functions, matrices, graphs, and more…)
- Trigonometry/Calculus (trigonometric functions, identities, conic sections, vectors, matrices, complex numbers, sequences and series, and more…)
- Calculus (Limits, Derivatives, Integrals, and more…)
- Statistics (probability, permutations, combinations, and more…)”.
How does Mathway Calculator work?
The way Mathways Calculator works is simple and easy. Open Mathway on the web or mobile app, then select a topic from the top right corner. There’s basic math, elementary algebra, graphing, finite math, linear algebra, calculus, algebra, and more. Next, write your problem or upload a picture of your math problem.
If you are using the Mathway app, you can simply point your device’s camera at the problem and take a photo to upload it to Mathway. Or you can use the Voice to Text feature to say your math problem and the app converts it to text. Once done, click to submit and voila!
Mathway provides a free tool that allows students and teachers to easily create different types of worksheets. Here’s how it works: Head over to mathwatway.com/worksheet and choose a topic (eg algebra, calculus, etc.). In the box next to the topic, select one of the values. Then click Create. Click to edit the worksheet and then click the Settings icon to select the number of problems and columns you want to include in your worksheet. When finished, click Print.
Is Mathway free?
Mathway offers both free and paid plans. The free plan allows students to use Mathways calculators to solve their math problems but they need to upgrade if they want to see step-by-step class solutions. There are monthly and yearly subscriptions to choose from. Mathway also offers an optional tutoring subscription upgrade that provides access to a live tutor any time you need extra help
Is Mathway available as a mobile app?
7 great Android apps to help students with their math homework (essay)