Quizizz is a game-based platform that enables you to create fun and interactive educational games. The way it works is simple and easy: you can create game quizzes, share them with students, and track student learning progress. There are two ways to share quizzes with your students: you can either host them directly in class for everyone to join in real time or you can set them as homework so students can work on them at their own pace.
|GIF credit: Quizizz.com|
You don’t even have to create your own quizzes, you can use Quizizz’s library to search for ready-made quizzes created by other teachers and customize them the way you want before sharing them with students.
You have the option to teleport a certain set of questions from other people’s tests and use them in your own activities. Alternatively, you can assign students to create and host live quizzes in class which enhances their sense of accountability and allows them to take control of their own learning.
The great thing about Quizizz is that, along with quizzes, it offers group lessons that you can easily incorporate into your teaching. You can even invite other teachers and work together to design lessons and learning activities.
Today’s post is intended to provide quick answers to queries about Quizizz code, student registration, and login issues, among others. I’ve drawn in the Quizizz Help Center for instructions.
These are the steps that students must follow to open an account on Quizizz:
- Head over to quizizz.com/join
- Click Register and enter the email address
- Click on the “At School” option.
- Select I am a student
- Confirm your date of birth and enter your first name, last name and password
- Children under the age of 13 need to enter the parent/guardian’s email address, username and password
- Click Continue and you are now a Quizizz registered student.
Here’s how students can log into their Quizizz account:
- Visit quizizz.com/join
- Click Sign in in the upper right corner
- Enter your email/password
- Click Sign in
How do students join a class using Quizizz code?
To join a class that teachers share with them, students need to have an active Quizizz account. To join a Quizizz class, students must follow these steps:
- Log in to their Quizizz student accounts
- Click https://quizizz.com/join/class and select Join a new class on the right
- Write the code that teachers shared with them
- Anything shared in this class will now be available to registered students
How to play Quizizz solo?
Besides tests set by their teachers, students can also use Quizizz’s library to search for tests created and shared by other teachers and/or students. They can search for exams by grade, subject, language, number of questions, and more.
Once they find the test they’re interested in, they can click “Train” to play the game on their own and choose “Start” to play the game. When they complete the game, they receive a game summary with their scores. Students can repeat the same test to master or look for other tests.
How do you host Quizizz games as students?
This is one of my favorite Quizizz features. Students can host games and do some responsibility in learning. Hosting games are available through Challenge friends feature. The difference between teacher-hosted quizzes and student-hosted quizzes is that students at the last stage can play the game as well.
Students can see a live dashboard with their score and rank in the game while they wait for other players to complete the game. The player with the highest score is revealed at the end of each game. Here’s how students host Quizizz games:
- Log in to their student account
- Create a quiz or search for ready-made quizzes in Quizizz’s library
- When they find a test, they click the “Challenge Friends” button.
- They enter their name and get a game code to share with others
- When everyone has joined, click the Start button